Friday, May 23, 2014

Step 1

Sitting at the Atlanta airport writing my obligatory "Hasta La Vista" post!! Things I've figured out since starting my journey (about 2 hours ago... I haven't made it very far yet)

1. I've confirmed the greatness of owning a Go Phone rather than an iPhone. It helps to not have your life attached to something, especially when you leave it in the car at the airport.
2. That being said, getting an iPad was a great decision. Thanks to everyone who told me that I would want a way to find free wifi in case I needed to contact people. Nobody thought it would be before I'd left Atlanta, but I just wanted to start the adventure early.
3. Take advantage of poor signage. It might put you in the first class line in security. Turns out they don't even care if you're actually first class!

Although this blog has a high potential at not being as interesting as last summer's (classes aren't as cool as hanging out with women and children in Ethiopia), hopefully the travels and pictures will be worth it. And with my track record, having multiple "permanent" places to record memories is always a good thing to strive for.

Here's to another awesome, unpredictable, and once in a lifetime experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment