Saturday, June 15, 2013

52 Reasons I'm Thankful for my DAD

Because today is his 52ND BIRTHDAY and FATHER'S DAY, and I didn't think it served him justice if he was the only one that got to see how amazing he was today.

    
1.  He inspires me to stay in shape
2.   He loves our family selflessly
3.   He’s always willing to give advice, even when I act like I don’t need it
4.   He cries
5.   He plays pool and foosball with me
6.    He knows when I’m upset
7.    He gets to know my friends
8.     He gives me freedom to make my own decisions
9.     He’s ALWAYS willing to listen
10.   His family is his first priority
11.   He takes care of the lake house
12.   He teaches me to water ski
13.   He deeply cares about his girls
14.   He loves his parents
15.   He constantly tells me that I’m beautiful, so it’s not a question I have to take to other people
16.   He always has time for me
17.   He taught me to smile
18.   He showed me that it’s acceptable to eat a spoonful of peanut butter
19.   He showed me how to make the BEST peanut butter and banana sandwiches
20.   I can talk to him about anything
21.   We eat dinner on the back porch together
22.   He does the dishes
23.   He walks Sparky when no one else wants to
24.   He lets me nap while we watch afternoon sports
25.   He’s one of the hardest workers I know
26.   He taught me how to play golf
27.   He cries every time I come home
28.   He wakes up at 3:30 to drive me to the airport
29.   He is always inventing something
30.   He pushes me to THINK
31.   He’s supportive, no matter what
32.   He values serving others
33.   He’s realistic
34.   He hugs me when I cry
35.   He shows me what’s important in life
36.   He lets me drive his truck
37.   He sold his BMW convertible and bought an old truck, and then gave it two different colored fenders
38.   He shares life stories with me
39.   He asks questions about my life
40.   He tells me to be my own boss
41.   He endured an hour (plus) commute every day for a long time just to provide a stable life for our family
42.   He’s faithful to my mom
43.   He’s willing to admit he’s wrong
44.   He says sorry
45.   He’s made our home a WELCOMING environment
46.   He lets me drive the boat
47.   He lets my friends use the lake house
48.   He forgives
49.   He’s genuine
50.   He’s himself, no matter the audience
51.   He pushes me
52.   I KNOW without a doubt that he loves me no matter what


No comments:

Post a Comment