Saturday, June 1, 2013

Amheric Level 1 Lesson 1


Monday – Sengo (pronounced “sen-yo”)
Tuesday – Maksengo
Wednesday – Rob (but you half roll the R, and talk with an African accent)
Thursday – Hamus (pronounced “hummus”.  This is 1 of 2 that I could remember during my lesson)
Friday – Arb
Saturday – Kidame (I thought they were saying edame, which reminded me of edamame.  This was #2 that I remembered.  See the trend?)
Sunday – Ihud (pronounce “i-hoooood”, but like the “I” in “if”)
Tomorrow – nege
Today – zare
See you tomorrow – nege ineganang (pronounced “nege inelkjad LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH, wave”. And then they think you’re trying to be funny and wave back)
Peace – Salam
What I actually learned during my lesson:
1.       - This doesn’t sound anything like Spanish
2.       - Carrying a notepad and pen with you is required if you want to figure out what they’re actually saying
3.      -  Laughing helps.  A lot.
- Apparently it’s obvious that I want to be able to communicate.  The director of the program came over during my lesson and was like “You are just so eager to speak Amheric!” I just laughed and nodded.

No comments:

Post a Comment