Sunday, June 23, 2013

"One Camera"

"One Camera" is what the kids say when they want you to take a picture of them. Or "YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU!" I keep trying to tell them my name is "Marnie", but for some reason they keep getting me confused with someone named "You"
Anywho.... here are some photos! Enjoy! 
Lunch at the church! 

This is Turri and his family (he has a set of twins who are in 2nd grade: Leilo and Lelise).  We got to visit his home on Weds - he is AMAZING. His wife took 1 child and left to go to an Arab country to find work (she's been gone for 3 months and hasn't sent any $$ back), and he chops wood every day to support his family.  He is an incredibly hard worker and has a lot of faith, but also gets beat up by life almost every day because of the struggles of making it by.  Prayers for him and his family would be really appreciated.

Africa has turned me into a mass murderer.  Mosquitos... beware.
Guardian meeting in Ambo 
My helpers for the Abraham skit (Abraham is the one with the hat... we ghetto-fied him) 
Meet Marta.  If I had favorites, she would be one of them.  She's in KG (Kindergarten) and EVERY day when we get to Ambo, she's one of the first ones that SPRINTS up and gives me a hug. 
Sinjaleta (I love you) in sign language.  Rudy taught the kids on Friday. (No Carey, this isn't what you think it is) 

No comments:

Post a Comment